Enjoy listening and learning as you eavesdrop on the Hangar Flying conversation with Certified Flight Instructors!
The CFIcast #12 CFI panel:
- Your host: Rick Durden, CFI, Aviation lawyer and author of "The Pilot's Lounge" column on AvWeb.com and articles for AOPA Pilot and Aviation Safety, from Grand Rapids, Michigan
Rick hosts a panel of female CFIs:
- Kate Bernard, CFI, from Neenah, WI. Kate is developing a new Light Sport Pilot training program and is an instructor with Able Flight, a program that grants scholarships for challenged person to obtain Light Sport Pilot certificates.
- Dr. Judith Parrish-Jones, PhD., CFI, Professor of Geology and past Dean of Science at the University of Idaho in Moscow.
- Terri Watson, CFI, a pioneering U.S. Army veteran pilot, Commercial Fixed and Rotor wing pilot from Santa Rosa, CA.
Topics discussed by CFIcast Certified Flight Instructor panel:
- Teaching female flight students.
- The different typical student learning styles of women vs. men.
- Should the CFI use different techniques for men vs. women?
- Women and men require different motivations to fly.
- Encouraging a lapsed student or student that has a bad experience.
- Working out the match with the student and CFI.
- How male instructors can avoid talking down to female students
- How women students and pilots can deal with discrimination.
- How woman pilots can socialize.
- Marketing aviation to the public.
- Building and marketing a new Light Sport Pilot school.
- How to recruit more women CFIs.
- How to encourage kids to get excited about aviation.
- Elders too? They will want to get the brain exercise
Recorded Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 00:57:21 - 26.3MB