Jan 10, 2006
Special guest "Pilot Ken" Ibold, Editor of EAA's Sport Aviation
magazine, joins the Hangar Flying with Pilot Dan, Pilot Kent, and
- Introducing "Pilot Ken" Ibold, Editor of EAA's Sport Aviation
and the IAC's Sport Aerobatics magazines from Jacksonville,
- Ken's airplanes.
- Ken owned a Mooney, then a Lance.
- Ken owns a formerly factory-new Citabria, and is looking at
buying a Pitts biplane.
- Update: Ken bought the Pitts!
Here's a picture of the Citabria with the new Pitts:
The new Pitts:
- Ken, Kent, "CFI Ron" and Mike will join a large group of pilots
from all over the U.S. at a fun fly-in at Gaston's White River
Resort in Arkansas June 9-11 2006.
- One Six Right, a general aviation movie!
- Light Sport Pilot and Light Sport aircraft
- Light Sport Aircraft - Why aren't they selling?
- Sport Pilot certificates are VERY popular.
- The quality of the Light Sport aircraft being made.
- The safety record of the Cirrus aircraft. Is it due to owners
not being experienced?
- The record of Cirrus vs. other manufacturers.
- The International Aerobatic Club.
- World Aerobatic Competitions.
- Why don't aerobatic competitions draw spectators?
- Why aren't there facilities for spectators?
- Why aren't they properly promoted with the public?
In the news:
- Warrior with CFI and student crashes into the chilly Hudson
River in NYC while flying the NYC VFR corridor.
- A Cessna lands on a freeway in northern California.
- Ken's Citabria lost a wing to Hurricane Charley.
- Kent learned that the dark fields in Florida are a good choice
in an emergency.
A Word from our sponsor:
Podsafe music is from The Podsafe Music Network. Check it out at
Pilotcast show notes are at http://www.pilotcast.com