Nov 21, 2005
"Pilot Doug" Kaye joins The Pilotcast and goes hangar flying
with Pilot Dan and Pilot Mike.
- In the flying news:
- Twin spirals into the Pacific off the shore of Orange
- The Nike corporate Gulfstream has a gear problem. All the TV
stations have field day.
- King Air in Fulton County also has a gear problem and makes a
- Doug on flying a glider at 18,000 feet with a groundspeed of
ZERO. It takes a long time to get down from there.
- Doug's Bonanza can haul a load!
- Doug's Cross Countries
- North of the Arctic Circle
- Dealing with customs in Canada and the U.S.
- Flying "the trench" though the Canadian Yukon to Alaska.
- There are 6 months of no night up there. How do they stay night
- Glacier Bay at 500 feet AGL.
- Camping at Watson Lake.
- Flying NDB airways
- Tracking by position reports.
- Flying in Baja.
- Aviation in Mexico is "flaky."
- "Nice trip" to Copper Canyon. "The trip from hell."
for a description of one of Doug's more interesting trips.
- Banditos and Boulders
- 4 or 5 planes didn't make it back the way they left.
Show notes are on www.pilotcast.com