Nov 17, 2005
Special guest CFI Ron, "The Rev", joins The Pilotcast and goes
hangar flying with Pilot Dan, Pilot Kent, and Pilot Mike.
- Introducing CFI Ron from Maryland, "The Rev."
- A great podcast of a GA flight in California in "Pilot Doug"
Kaye's Bonanza recorded by "The Podfather," "Pilot Adam" Curry is
on Daily Source Code #279.
- Pilotcast #13 was updated later in the day of release. If you
got a copy during the day on November 14, please visit
Pilotcast.com for a smaller and cleaner copy. The filename on the
updated version ends with "-r.mp3"
- Pilot Dan's recording of the forum from "Women Take Flight"
will follow as a special on The Pilotcast soon.
Hangar flying with "The Rev." CFI Ron
- Ron loves his Yankees and Grummans.
- TFRs were around before 9/11.
- Flight training
- How the military does training. Civilian student pilots could
use a similar method.
- Why today's CFI might not want to do ground training.
- The best ways to learn and complete your training
- Plan your lessons.
- Request and do your homework!
- Buy a commercial flight training lesson kit.
- Make use of online aviation communites as a resource for
information and mutual support.
- Fly (reasonably) often if you can.
- How long should it take to solo and earn a pilot
Should I be concerned?
- Flying with dogs
- Advice to future military and/or professional pilots: You have
ZERO strikes available.
- In the news:
- Archer ends up tangled in power lines in Milwaukee and makes
all off the network news shows.
- Comanche 250 makes a successful emergency landing on I25 in
Castle Rock, CO. This one later takes off safely.
- "Boorish behavior" is no longer tolerated in the military.
Pilotcast show notes are on http://www.pilotcast.com