Aug 7, 2010
The Lightspeed Aviation Foundation was established out of the
commitment and passion of the Lightspeed Aviation Corporation to
serve the aviation community.
In this first of a three part series, hear Pilot Tiffany interview the following aviators:
- Allan Schrader, president of Lightspeed Aviation and LSAF
- Wayne Handley, LSAF board member
- Larry Williams, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Lindbergh Foundation
- Fran Strubeck, Board of Directors of the Ninety-Nines
- Lt Col Jeff Wiswell, Civil Air Patrol
The mission of the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation is to promote a vibrant and growing pilot community, support education that will preserve and extend the future of aviation and use our gifts within the aviation community to serve others for the betterment of our world.
It is the vision of the Lightspeed Aviation Foundation to enthusiastically advance aviation in three key areas:
1. Growth — To assure a vibrant and growing pilot community, our goal is to introduce, engage and mature the next generation of aviation enthusiasts.
2. Advocacy — We feel it is fundamental to support education and action outside the pilot community that will preserve and extend the future of aviation.
3. Compassion — We think it is essential that we use our gifts within the aviation community to serve others for the betterment of our communities and world.
As members of the aviation community, we will seek ways to partner with all members of the pilot world to advance the future of aviation. Our goal is to work together to identify worthy causes, give pilots a voice in who we will support and together, work to make a lasting difference.
This episode is also available as video and can be found here:
Pilotcast Flight Crew:
Pilot Kent (kent *at* pilotcast *dot* com) Twitter: @flyingcheezhead
Pilot Bill (bill *at* pilotcast *dot* com) Twitter: @billwil
Pilot Tiffany (tiffany *at* pilotcast *dot* com) Twitter: @tiffanykwolf
Reach the entire Pilotcast flight crew at pilots *at* pilotcast *dot* com, and follow us on Twitter at @Pilotcast
Every flight requires a good support crew, and ours is GREAT! The Pilotcast would not be back without their help:
Audio Editor: Pilot Stu Stevenson, (stu *at* thevoicesinyourhead *dot* com), @PilotStu, http://www.pilotsjourneypodcast.com
Webmaster: Pilot Jason Wilkinson, (jason *at* pilotcast *dot* com), @jawilk
Music: Pilot Steve Tupper, (steve *at* airspeedonline *dot* com), @StephenForce, http://www.airspeedonline.com
Announcer: Pilot Troy Whistman, (troy *at* whistman *dot* com), @TJWhiskey, http://www.whistman.com
Pilotcast show notes are at http://www.pilotcast.com
Recorded Tuesday, July 27th, 2010
at EAA AirVenture 2010, Oshkosh, WI
Copyright © 2010 The Pilotcast
Find this and more great shows at the Aviation Podcasts Network