Jan 29, 2009
Enjoy listening and learning as you eavesdrop on the Hangar
Flying conversation with Certified Flight Instructors!
The CFIcast #12 CFI panel:
- Your host: Rick Durden, CFI, Aviation lawyer and author of
Pilot's Lounge" column on AvWeb.com and articles for AOPA Pilot and
Aviation Safety, from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Rick hosts a panel of female
- Kate Bernard, CFI, from Neenah, WI. Kate is developing a
new Light Sport Pilot training program and is an instructor with
Able Flight, a program that grants scholarships for
challenged person to obtain Light Sport Pilot certificates.
- Dr. Judith Parrish-Jones, PhD., CFI, Professor of
Geology and past Dean of Science at the University of Idaho in
- Terri Watson, CFI, a pioneering U.S. Army
veteran pilot, Commercial Fixed and Rotor wing pilot from Santa
Topics discussed by CFIcast Certified Flight Instructor panel:
- Teaching female flight students.
- The different typical student learning styles of women vs.
- Should the CFI use different techniques for men vs. women?
- Women and men require different motivations to fly.
- Encouraging a lapsed student or student that has a bad
- Working out the match with the student and CFI.
- How male instructors can avoid talking down to female
- How women students and pilots can deal with
- How woman pilots can socialize.
- Marketing aviation to the public.
- Building and marketing a new Light Sport Pilot school.
- How to recruit more women CFIs.
- How to encourage kids to get excited about aviation.
- Elders too? They will want to get the brain exercise
Recorded Thursday, January 17, 2008 - 00:57:21 -