Jan 1, 2008
CFIcast #7 - Flight Instructing in marginal weather conditions,
cancellations, best training planes
Enjoy listening and learning as you eavesdrop on a great Hangar
Flying conversation session with Certified Flight Instructors!
The CFIcast #7 CFI panel:
- Your host: Rick Durden, CFI, Aviation lawyer and author of
Pilot's Lounge" column on AvWeb.com and articles for AOPA Pilot and
Aviation Safety, from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Dr. Bruce Chien, M.D., CFI, Senior Aviation Medical Examiner
from Central Illinois, host of the AMEcast
- Tony Condon, CFI, student and glider pilot & instructor
from Ames, Iowa
- Chip Gibbons, CFI, aerobatic pilot from Rogers, Arkansas
- Dr. Judy Parrish-Jones, Ph.D., CFI professor of
Geological Sciences and former Dean of Sciences at the University
of Idaho in Moscow, Idaho
- and a bit of commentary from Pilot Mike of The
- When should a flight intructor cancel the scheduled lesson due
to weather conditions?
- Should you work with the student pilot to make the go/no go
- Is there a danger that the student will learn the
wrong lesson on decision making?
- Is the cancellation of flight itself a great lesson?
- What are the best airplanes for training?
- What are the issues with giving flight training in airplanes
with glass cockpits?
Recorded Thursday, May 17, 2007 - 01:21:38 -
Theme Song: "Learn to Fly" by Josh Woodward
Music on the CFIcast is from the Podshow Podsafe Music Network.
Check it out at http://music.podshow.com
Copyright © 2007,2008 The Pilotcast