Jan 7, 2008
CFIcast #5 - First flights. Signing off solos. Keeping interest
in flight training over winter.
Enjoy listening and learning as you eavesdrop on the Hangar
Flying conversation with Certified Flight Instructors!
The CFIcast #5 CFI panel:
- Your host: Rick Durden, CFI, Aviation lawyer and author of
Pilot's Lounge" column on AvWeb.com and articles for AOPA Pilot and
Aviation Safety, from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Dr. Bruce Chien, M.D., CFI, Senior Aviation Medical Examiner
from Central Illinois, host of the The AMECast
- Tony Condon, CFI, student and glider pilot & instructor
from Ames, Iowa
- Ron Levy, CFI, a Professional Instrument Courses - P.I.C 10 day course
instructor from Maryland
Topics discussed by CFIcast Certified Flight Instructor panel:
- What should be the first lesson for a new student.
- Evaluating a new student<./li>
- What is a good first flight for a new student?
- What if the student's first visit to the FBO is a bad
- What percentage of discovery flight students come back for
- When the student expects to solo
- Those who think they should solo in x number of hours
- When do you release a student for solo?
- What solo sign-offs make the CFI nervous?
- How to sign off and track a student on a solo cross
- Evaluating a new-to-you student who is well along in
- How do you keep students interested in flight training during
- Sharing the experiences during the winter
Recorded Thursday, March 8, 2007 - 00:59:57 -
Theme Song: "Learn to Fly" by Josh Woodward
Music on the CFIcast is from the Podshow Podsafe Music Network.
Check it out at http://music.podshow.com
Copyright © 2007,2008 The Pilotcast