May 9, 2007
- Topics discussed by CFIcast Certified
Flight Instructor panel:
- Teaching landings
- Teaching use of flaps
- How the recommendations in the Pilot's Operating Handbook (POH)
came to be.
- When should you use partial flaps?>/li>
- The CFIs answer a question from CFIcast listener and instrument
student, Bill from New York:
- Under IFR, how do you handle entering a holding pattern on a
- When is the phrase "Clearance on request used?"
- What can student do when they have a low time CFI?
- How do CFIs get experience?
- Is it good if the CFI has recent experience in getting your own
- What would happen if instruction did not count as PIC
- One phenominal young and low time CFI who became a Blue
The CFIcast #3 CFI panel:
- Your host: Rick Durden, CFI, Aviation lawyer and author of
Pilot's Lounge" column on AvWeb.com and articles for AOPA Pilot
and Aviation Safety, from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Ron Levy, CFI, a P.I.C. 10 day course instructor from
- Chip Gibbons, CFI, aerobatic pilot from Arkansas
- Tony Condon, CFI, student and glider pilot & instructor
from Ames, Iowa
Recorded Thursday, January 04, 2007 - 00:58:13 -
"Learn to Fly" by Josh Woodward
Music on the CFIcast is from the Podshow Podsafe Music Network.
Check it out at http://music.podshow.com
Copyright © 2007