Jan 7, 2007
CFIcast #2 - Cirrus Access, Type A students, Not getting the
Enjoy listening and learning as you eavesdrop on the Hangar
Flying conversation with Certified Flight Instructors!
- The CFIs comment on the Cirrus Access program as described by
Cirrus CEO Alan Klapmeier on Pilotcast
- What technique will work when teaching "Type A" students?
- When the flight service station doesn't give you the NOTAMs you
need. Types of NOTAMs and how to ask for them.
- How to instruct and practice emergencies.
- The ICAO prohibits CFIs from simulating engine failures.
- Simulators are preferred.
- Can't pull the mixture.
- "Practicing bleeding."
- Doing realistic simulation of failures.
The CFIcast #2 CFI panel:
- Your host: Rick Durden, CFI, Aviation lawyer and author of
Pilot's Lounge" column on AvWeb.com and articles for AOPA Pilot
and Aviation Safety, from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Ron Levy, CFI, a P.I.C. 10 day course instructor from
- Dr. Bruce Chien, M.D., CFI, Senior Aviation Medical Examiner
from Peoria, Illinois from the The AMEcast Aviation Medicine
- Jason Miller, CFI, from Oakland, California from The Finer Points
- Tony Condon, CFI, student and glider pilot from Ames, Iowa
Recorded Thursday, December 21, 2006 - 01:29:05 -
"Learn to Fly" by Josh Woodward
Music on the CFIcast is from the Podshow Podsafe Music Network.
Check it out at http://music.podshow.com
Copyright © 2006, 2007